Member Benefits | Job Bank
Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
Pokagon Health Services - Pokagon Band of Potawatomi
March 18, 2022
Pokagon Health Services offers a unique opportunity to address health disparities in an underserved community while offering the highest quality of patient-centered care.
Pokagon Band of Potawatomi is searching for a full-time General Dentist for their multi-disciplinary Tribal Health Clinic in Dowagiac, MI. The Dentist will diagnose and treat problems with a patient’s teeth, gums, and related parts of the mouth, and provide advice and instruction on taking care of teeth and gums and on diet choices that affect oral health. The Dentist will be comfortable working with all ages, will promote the health and wellness of the Tribal Health Clinic patients, and work with the support of the Pokagon Band’s Health Services Director and the Dental Manager and Dental Team to provide direction for and improve all aspects of the center’s dental program.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
· Competitive compensation package commensurate upon experience
· Benefits package valued at an additional $30,000 annually. Outstanding medical, dental, and vision plans (low cost), PTO (up to 4 weeks accrued in the first year), 15 paid holidays, defined pension plan, 401k, life insurance, disability, and various discount programs.
· Professional Development – Allowance provided each year towards training and continue education.
· Experienced Support – Pokagon Health Services, a multi-disciplinary Tribal Health Facility, has served the Native American community in Southwest Michigan for several years and currently retains two dentists, two hygienists and three experienced dental assistants.
· New facility – The dental suite was expanded in 2019 and contains state-of-the-art equipment, with 14 dental operatories, designed for ease of workflow and the best patient experience.
· Relocation fees and Sign on Bonus – competitive with area practices.
· Must be licensed to practice dentistry in the state of Michigan.
· Ability to alleviate stress and anxiety and be supportive of persons and work tactfully, collaboratively, diplomatically and with highest level of confidentiality required.
· Endodontics, Pedodontics and Oral Surgery experience required.
· Two years of experience preferred, but new grads are welcome to apply.
· Experience working with underserved communities preferred.
· Proficiency with MS Office Applications preferred.
· Provide routine and emergency dental services, including but not limited to, diagnosis and treatment plans, general restorative procedures, crown and bridge construction, removable prosthetics, uncomplicated endodontics, and minor oral surgery.
· Initiate and interpret x-ray and lab studies
· Directly affect improvements in patient well-being through accurate and timely diagnosis and delivery of high-quality dental treatment. Ensure the delivery of competent, accurate, dental care and treatment to all patients as assigned.
· Work closely with the Community Clinic Manager to provide direction to other dental clinic staff.
· Ensure accuracy, efficiency, and appropriate confidentiality with patient charting and related recordkeeping and administrative functions as assigned.
· Ensure the delivery of all dental treatment and care is consistent with all regulatory, accreditation, and professional standards, including clinic policies and quality initiatives
· Understand and ensure all practices and procedures related to the delivery of dental services are consistent with contracted protocols and procedures.
· Develop and ensure favorable relationships with all patients and their families. Ensure all patient services are delivered in a caring and professional manner.
· Develop and ensure ongoing, positive relationships and collaboration with other dentists and dental staff members. Ensure the success of each clinic operation through collaborative support and working relationships with all clinic operations staff.
· Refer patients for specialty care to other clinic programs our outside agencies as appropriate.
· Provide General and Direct Supervision to Dental Hygienists and Dental Assistants as described by the Michigan Dental Practice Act.
· Provide dental and oral health education to patients and families
· Build relationships and foster a high level of customer service.
· Manage difficult clients and patients, demonstrating interpersonal savvy and influence skills.
· Exercise professional judgment in the performance of services provided consistent with the organization’s policies and the standards of the dental profession.
· Demonstrate high degree of knowledge and competency in the practice of dentistry and associated charting requirements.
· Perform assigned dental tasks using high level of skills and ability
· Administer anesthetics to keep patients from feeling pain during procedures.
· Write prescriptions for antibiotics or other medications.
· Make models and measurements for dental appliances, such as dentures, to fit patients.
Desired Start Date