Member Benefits | Job Bank
Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
June 21, 2022
JOB TITLE: Dentist
BASIC JOB PURPOSE: The Dentist participates in the direction and provision of dental services and in maintaining standards of care in the dental department.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Dental Director
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires 80% or more of time spent standing/walking. Independently mobile. Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Ability to occasionally transfer and position patients, reposition equipment, and lift supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a clinic setting. Contact with patients and staff. Environmentally exposed to a variety of contagious diseases and other patient-related conditions. Work may be stressful at times.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not be all inclusive.)
1. Manages total patient care to remove or minimize symptoms, or to minimize progression of chronic and disabling conditions through appropriate diagnosis, treatment and referrals.
2. Participates in quality improvement activities which may include literature review, development of standards of care/protocols, chart reviews, data analysis, and action plans.
3. Serve as a preceptor for dental interns by becoming an adjunct faculty member of the University.
4. May participate in community education functions.
5. May assist community health groups in a dental advisory capacity.
6. Keeps neat and accurate records of patient care.
7. Judiciously uses X-ray and prescription functions
8. Involved in the review, revision, development, and implementation of dental protocols (and related dental practice policies and procedures as needed)
9. Ability to render clinical leadership to clinical dental staff
10. Use of communication tools and modes, including written documents.
11. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations. Attends conferences and workshops.
12. Participates in peer review activities.
13. Participates in the recruitment of new providers as indicated.
14. Consults for and collaborates with dental hygienists for patient care when indicated.
15. Although each position has its own unique duties and responsibilities, please refer to the policy on Job Descriptions for details that apply to every position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Considerable knowledge of dentistry and dental practices and procedures
• Considerable knowledge of drugs and medicines
• Thorough knowledge of sterile technique and infection control
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills
• Ability to make independent judgment and decisions
• Excellent written skills
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of dentistry
Experience: Two years of experience preferred
Certificate/License: Current Michigan License
Current Controlled Substances Certificate
Current DEA certificate
Current BCLS certification
ACCOMMODATION: Grace Health has the right to modify the duties and functions of the job description based on the needs of the organization.
JOB DESCRIPTION REVIEW: This job description will be reviewed and updated, if necessary, during the employee’s annual review.
Desired Start Date