Member Benefits | Job Bank
Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
July 8, 2022
Job Title: Dentist
Job Code: 3010
Reports to: Associate Dental Director
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Job Summary: The Dentist at MarillacHealth Assesses the patient by taking pertinent dental and medical history, performs oral examinations, orders and/or takes appropriate x-rays. Provides patient treatment and follow-up within the parameters of the MarillacHealth Dental Program service policies. Refers patient to other dental professionals when situation necessitates. Educates patients on oral health.
• Ensures appropriate documentation and maintenance of each patient’s Dental record
• Strives to achieve acceptable and established productivity levels. Displays self-direction and initiative in working to achieve goals
• Be a Leader of the Dental team and give direction to auxiliary staff
• Responsible for the infection control procedures of the laboratory and operatory facilities cleanup, with delegation and supervision of these duties as appropriate
• Responsible for monitoring the inventory of dental equipment and supplies, ensuring that quality, cost effective equipment and supplies are ordered in a timely manner, with delegation and supervision of these duties as appropriate
• Participates in quality assurance projects. Works closely with other dentists and administrative staff to set quality goals on an annual basis
• Acts as a representative of the MarillacHealth, Inc. with local dentists and their staffs, dental laboratories, service clubs and organizations, patients, and the general public, acting in a professional and responsible manner
• Participate in Peer review
• Maintain credentialing and privileges
• Take part in appropriate CE to keep up to date in Dental techniques and to maintain licensure.
• Participate with teaching of residents and students and maintain faculty status
• Assist the QI department in all HRSA requirements
• Comply with all OSHA, HIPAA and BLS Policies and procedures at Marillac Health
• Performs other related job duties as assigned by supervisor
• Dental Acumen
• Dental Medical Records
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
• Current Colorado Dentist license. DEA license, BLS
Preferred Education/ Experience:
• A year of experience is preferred but not required (DDS,DMD)
• Pediatric experience preferred.
• A residency (AEGD or GPR) preferred
Additional Eligibility: Must be current or willing to be vaccinated for the following
o TDAP (up to date booster)
o MMR series
o HEP B series
o Flu Shot
o TB Screening
This position performs duties in a healthcare facility setting. This may include performing duties within the view of patients or members of the public.
Physical Actions Frequency % of time
Materials / Equipment Involved:
• Dental Equipment
• Dental x-ray Machine
• Dental materials
Desired Start Date