Member Benefits | Job Bank
Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
Good Neighbor Community Health Center
August 22, 2022
The Staff Dentist provides quality oral health care services offered to patients, emphasizing the prevention and treatment of disease by the patient. The Staff Dentist will respond to patient’s need for accessible, quality, oral health care regardless of socio-economic status. The Staff Dentist will be responsible for supervision of Dental and Dental Hygiene students as assigned by Dental Director. The Staff Dentist may require to fulfill some administrative duties as assigned by Dental Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Practice sound principles of public dental health needs.
2. Participate in the decision-making process concerning the delivery of public dental health services.
3. Preferred: Bi-lingual and bi-cultural awareness of the needs of our uninsured areas, otherwise, willingness to be trained in Cultural Competence.
1. Assess the client’s dental health needs by obtaining and/or evaluating the client’s social history.
2. Perform appropriate dental health assessment procedures including, but not limited to radiographic examinations.
3. Order ancillary studies as needed.
4. Perform preventive and restorative dental health care per protocols.
5. Instructs clients in the use of appropriate prophylactic dental care, hygiene, cleansing and flossing technique.
6. Develop and utilize written protocols for educational, preventive and screening purposes.
7. Provide counseling, teaching, treatment and appropriate referrals addressing the dental health needs of the clients.
8. Follow-up clients with suspected abnormal conditions.
9. Provide counseling and instruction about related health needs.
10. Refer clients to other sources of health care/community resources as indicated.
11. Maintain and review client records including referral and follow up systems.
12. Participate in in-service education for staff.
13. Keep abreast of new information and materials by reviewing clearinghouse information, newsletters, and periodicals.
14. All other duties as assigned.
1. Accountable for the appropriate dental and surgical instruments and supplies being present at the dental unit and that these are in good working condition.
2. Track Quality measures and other data as required for local, state and federal reporting
3. Timely chart completion and closure
4. Staff huddle coordination
5. All other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of dentistry.
Current Nebraska License.
Ability to speak Spanish not required but preferable.
Health Center experience preferred but not required.
Some lifting involved, up to 35 pounds.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS-Updated 1/1/2016
Valid Nebraska driver’s license with at least 500,000/500,000 liability insurance maintained and paid for by employee on personal vehicle if employee plans to seek reimbursement for travel. Insurance declaration for proof is required before travel or mileage reimbursement. See policy 2k. Use of Company Vehicle for Company Travel for more information.
Dress according to the ECDHD Dress Code Policy. Dress Code Policy.
Reports to work on time on a scheduled basis.
Participates in Public Health Emergency Response Training and pre-assigned to a response team.
Attends community, department and state meetings, training sessions, seminars, workshops etc. for professional development.
Employees should refrain from providing comments to the media (including social media) on behalf of or representing the ECDHD and the GNCHC unless they are the official spokesperson on the matter and have approval from the Executive Director and/or legal to do so. Employees who are not authorized or the official spokesperson on the subject, should refer inquiries from the news media to the Executive Director.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related requirements and to perform other job-related duties requested by East Central District Health Department/Good Neighbor Community Health Center in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
FTCA liability protection for medical malpractice is afforded to covered individuals by virtue of their working relationship with GNCHC, a FTCA covered entity when they are performing covered activities.
How to Apply: Visit our website to download our application for employment. Applications can be sent to email@example.com or faxed to 402-564-0611 Attn: Human Resources.
Desired Start Date