Member Benefits | Job Bank
Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
Good Neighbor Community Health Center
August 26, 2022
Columbus & Fremont
The Dental Hygienist provides preventative oral care under a generalized supervision. The Dental Hygienist performs all duties within the scope of practice of dental hygiene including but not limited to: subgingival and supragingival scaling, root planning, coronal polishing, administering local anesthetic, exposing radiographs, placing sealants and chemotherapeutics agents, inspecting the oral cavity for abnormal tissue, taking alginate impressions, and assisting the dentist as necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform oral prophylaxis and/ or root planning to dentition via supra and sub gingival scaling using hand and/ or ultrasonic instruments, coronal polishing (as needed), and head/neck/oral cancer screenings.
2. Assists in copying, filing, faxing, updating pre-authorizations and plans as well as other projects related to administrative support.
3. Applies sealants, SDF, fluoride varnish, or other chemotherapeutic agents in collaboration and as prescribed by dentist.
4. Expose radiographs in collaboration and as prescribed by the dentist.
5. Performs periodontal assessment, caries assessment, and all required/ appropriate document charting while collaborating with the dentist.
6. Monitor Nitrous Oxide.
7. Assist the dentist and/ or other team members when necessary or as time permits.
8. Clean and stock operatory and maintain equipment as needed.
9. Provide oral health (and systemic health correlation) education, explain treatment plans, and treatment options to patient.
10. Reviews patient health history and takes blood pressure and pulse vitals.
11. Practices universal precautions and other sterilization and infection control procedures.
12. Provide information to callers regarding patient care as directed by dentist.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of Dental Hygiene.
• Current Nebraska Dental Hygienist license.
• Current local anesthetic certification.
• Basic Life Support certification.
• Ability to work well with individuals of diverse socioeconomic, cultural and intellectual backgrounds.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
• Bi-lingual or ability to work with an interpreter if the need arises.
• Proven experience as Dental Hygienist or similar role.
• Experience in preparing and maintaining dental equipment.
May require sitting for a long period of time. Some bending, lifting, stooping and stretching required. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to operate dental and office. Some lifting may be involved, up to 35 pounds.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related requirements and to perform other job-related duties requested by East Central District Health Department/Good Neighbor Community Health Center in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
FTCA liability protection for medical malpractice is afforded to covered individuals by virtue of their working relationship with GNCHC, a FTCA covered entity when they are performing covered activities
Desired Start Date