Member Benefits | Job Bank
Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
Waterfall Community Health Center
September 29, 2022
Waterfall Community Health Center has an immediate opening for a General Dentist.
This is a full-time position that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term
disability insurance that is fully paid by the employer. We also offer a 401K plan with a
6% match. We are also currently providing a $10k signing bonus to be delivered on your first payday!
Join our team on the beautiful Southern Oregon Coast where you have access to fishing, crabbing, kayaking, hiking, beachcombing, and more!
You will function as a Dentist, DDS or DMD in a team and mission-based setting to
provide delivery of dental care to patients, including health promotion/maintenance,
counseling and education, assessment, acute/chronic care, and
consultation/collaboration with other health care professionals, and community
resources. The focus will be on reducing barriers to care, examining, diagnosing, and
developing treatment plans for infections and injuries of the teeth and mouth.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $155,000 - $185,000 DOE
● Adheres to the spirit of Waterfall Community Health Center to remove barriers to
care and our mission statement while performing assigned duties.
● Demonstrate the core values of Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Compassion,
Partnership, and Collaborative Communication.
● Obtains and records client's dental health history; evaluates patients’ intraoral &
peri-oral hard and soft tissue conditions; including caries, endodontic/periodontal
pathology, soft tissue, and developmental pathology.
● Diagnose and treat Emergency Dental situations such as toothaches, broken
teeth/restorations, dislodged crowns/bridges, broken dentures etc.
● Develop patient treatment plan; including preventative, endodontic, periodontal,
restorative, and follow-up care.
● Refer out complex endodontic, surgical, and periodontal treatment.
Demonstrate proficiency in the following: amalgam and composite restorations,
single and double canal endodontic therapy, extraction of erupted teeth and
roots, prophylaxis, periodontal scaling, and root planing.
● Counsel patients about their dental health, alleviating symptoms of chronic
● Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose the
medical condition of the patient.
● Provides and prescribes medications within the area of specialty.
● Establishes and maintains client medical charts and other necessary records.
● Advance and maintain a personal knowledge base by pursuing continuing
education in order to enhance professional competence.
● Participate in the Clinical Quality Improvement and Quality Management
meetings and other meetings as requested by the supervisor and/or Senior
● Promote individual and organizational integrity by exhibiting ethical behavior to
maintain high standards
● Performs any other duties needed to help drive our Vision, fulfill our Mission, and
abide by our Organization’s Values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
● Graduate of an accredited dental school with a Degree in Dentistry; DDS/DMD
● 3 years experience preferred
● Unrestricted License in the State of Oregon.
● Current DEA certificate without restrictions.
● Language Skills: Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in
writing; additional languages preferred.
● Ability to be credentialed with Medicaid, Medicare, private and other insurance.
● Demonstrated commitment to high-quality health care for low-income, ethnically
● Graduate from an accredited dental school with a Doctoral Degree (DDS/DMD)
● Oregon State dental license
● DEA certification
● BLS certification
The employee typically works in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 20 pounds. Exposed to sick people. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired Start Date