Member Benefits | Job Bank
Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
Open Health Care Clinic
October 11, 2022
The Dentist provides comprehensive and appropriate dental care and treatment to patients. Provide supervision to Dental Assistant(s) and Dental Hygienist(s) as assigned.
FTCA Scope of Employment: Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) coverage is restricted to acts or omissions of a covered entity within the scope of employment of a covered individual. For actions to be within the scope of employment and be covered, they must: be within the approved scope of the project, including sites, services, and other activities. Duties, as outlined in this job description and the contract for services, align within the scope of employment for a Nurse Practitioner and are therefore covered by the Federally Supported Health Centers Assistance Acts (FSHCAA) and the FTCA.
Scope of Project: Health Center Program
Service(s): General Primary Medical Care, Diagnostic Lab, Diagnostic Radiology, Screening, Coverage for Emergencies during and after hours, Voluntary Family Planning, Immunizations, Well Child Services, Gynecological Care, Obstetrical, Prenatal, Intrapartum Care (Labor and Delivery), Postpartum Care, Preventative Dental, Pharmaceutical Services, Case Management, Eligibility Assistance, Health Education, Outreach, Transportation, Translation, Additional Dental Services, Mental Health Services, Substance Use Disorder Services, Podiatry
Primary Site: OHCC Dental
Secondary Sites: OHCC-Main-3801 North Blvd., OHCC-3849 North Blvd., CAHSD-Wooddale, OHCC- 30789 Range Avenue, Admin Office-4550 North Blvd., OHCC Baranco-Clark, OHCC Colonial, Homeless Drop-In Center, Mobile Unit #1
Essential Job Functions including, but not limited to:
1. Satisfies Core Competencies
· Accepts responsibility for ensuring that performance meets the standards of the professional, ethical and relevant department requirements and OHCC core values
2. Dentist Duties
· Directly affect improvements in patient well-being through accurate and timely diagnosis and delivery of high-quality dental treatment. Ensure the delivery of competent, accurate, dental care and treatment to all patients as assigned
· Provide routine and emergency dental services, including diagnosis and treatment plans, general restorative procedures, crown and bridge construction, removable prosthetics, uncomplicated endodontics and minor oral surgery.
· Initiate and interpret x-ray and lab studies.
· Administer and prescribe anesthetics and medications.
· Refer patients for specialty care to other clinic programs our outside agencies as appropriate.
· Supervise Dental Assistant and Dental Hygienist.
· Conduct follow-up patient care.
· Provide dental and oral health education to patients and families.
· Teach and train patients and staff on illness prevention.
· Participate in community dental programs.
· Exercise professional judgment in the performance of services provided consistent with the organization’s policies and the standards of the dental profession.
· Demonstrate high degree of knowledge and competency in the practice of dentistry and associated charting requirements.
· Document provision of dental care in the patient record in accordance with organizational procedures
· Participate and work collaboratively with dental staff to effect overall clinic results to meet or exceed all measurable standards of care, including overall clinical, quality, and productivity goals
· Unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the State of Louisiana
Skills, Licensure and Knowledge Requirements:
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach
· Specific vision abilities required include close vision requirements due to computer work
· Light to moderate lifting is required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
· Ability to work in a confined area.
· Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
Travel or Special Requirements:
Driving during the workday as well as local or out of state travel may be required to perform job duties.
Click here to apply!
Desired Start Date