Member Benefits | Job Bank
Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
Blue Ridge Health Center, Inc. (dba: Blue Ridge Medical Center)
October 14, 2022
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is responsible for delivering direct dental care and associated services to patients under the professional supervision of the Dentist. He/she will also provide support to the front office and deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient. The RDH is responsible for ensuring adherence to all dental office policies and procedures to include but not limited to JCAHO, CILA and OSHA regulations. Performs other duties as assigned by Dental Director and must demonstrate a sincere dedication and loyalty to the mission, vision and core values of BRMC/BRDC.
1. Build good rapport with patients to assure patients and responsible parties have a pleasant experience before, during, and after dental treatment is given. Assists dentist during patient’s care as needed and directs patient to the appropriate staff member and area following treatment to complete the checkout process.
2. Educate patients with oral hygiene instructions and provide educational material as appropriate to the care delivered.
3. Verify patient’s medical history, medications, allergies, and chief complaint and review medical and social history to include dental and oral hygiene issues prior to dental treatment. Obtain blood pressure and pulse on patients age 18 and older. Obtain body weight on pediatric and adult patients. Record information accurately in eClinicalWorks (eCW). Document patient information, treatment plan, procedures, and progress notes in Open Dental.
4. Complete screening procedures such as assessment of patient’s oral health conditions to check for oral abnormalities, review of medical history, and perform oral cancer screening and head and neck inspection. Chart dental conditions appropriately.
5. Perform operatory set-up by instruction or as anticipated for dental procedure. Clinical support to dental provider as needed during procedures. Obtain dental x-rays as instructed. Anticipatory knowledge and awareness is necessary.
6. Remove hard and soft deposits of stains, calculus, and plaque from all surfaces of teeth. Scaling and hand scaling, and root planning using appropriate instruments. Apply fluorides and other cavity preventing agents to teeth arrest dental decay.
7. Maintenance, inspection, and sterilization of dental instruments, equipment, and operatories. Maintain competence in the use of various clinical instruments, technologies, machinery, and equipment.
8. Participate in local community events to provide dental education and raise awareness about available dental care at BRDC.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of dental hygiene and active licensure as a Dental Hygienist in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Current CPR certification or ability to obtain within three (3) months of hire required. Certification to administer nitrous oxide and local anesthetic preferred. Previous experience desired.
2. Ability to communicate with a broad range of people; pleasant, courteous manner and appearance; attention to detail and accuracy; strong knowledge and understanding of established dental procedures; and spell and comprehend medical/dental terminology.
3. Strong knowledge of computer programs, spreadsheets, and applications. Advanced data entry skills in a PC environment
Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.
Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively and clearly with people of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. Organizational and interpersonal skills are essential. Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a team oriented environment. Maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times. Uphold strict confidentiality over sensitive and confidential matters of the center and its business and abide by HIPAA regulations in regards to patient confidentiality.
Required Proficiency with Tools/Equipment:
1. Operation of standard office equipment.
2. Operation of a personal computer, the standard Microsoft Office programs, and the Internet.
3. Basic understanding of standard equipment used in community medical and dental facilities providing family and dental health care.
1. This position is a FLSA non-exempt position which may require work in excess of 40 hours per week to meet the
needs and accomplish the duties of this position.
2. Comply with and set example of compliance with BRMC and BRDC policies/procedures/practices; comply with legal requirements for non-profit organizations.
3. Perform and complete duties under stress and demands from different sources, and meeting strict deadlines.
4. Tolerate prolonged computer related exposure. Able to sit or stand at a workstation for long periods of time.
5. May be exposed to hostile or emotional clients, family members, and staff, as well as disturbing or sensitive information
6. May be exposed to infectious diseases and medical waste.
Desired Start Date