Member Benefits | Job Bank
Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
Community Health Center of Fort Dodge
December 30, 2022
Job Title: Dentist Title of Supervisor: CEO
Uniform: Required to wear appropriate attire.
A. General Functions
Provides dental care including, but not limited to:
o Performs quality clinical and radiographic evaluations to diagnose and treat
diseases of the oral cavity
o Promotes oral health by providing educational information on all phases of
preventive and restorative dentistry and oral hygiene.
o Reviews and follows all dental clinic protocols, policies, and procedures
o Documents and follows treatment plans that include appropriate preventive and
o Manage medical/dental history with a comprehensive evaluation of the patient's general health.
o Address all contra-indications pertaining to treatment and identify patient's chief complaint or reason for visit.
o Other duties and projects as assigned.
B. Education, Training, and Skills
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent plus licensed to practice as a dentist in the State of Iowa DDS or DMD (a degree in dentistry)
- Licensed to practice in the State of Iowa
- Current CPR (BLS) certifications.
- Basic computer and data entry skills.
C. Experience and Knowledge
- Clinical office experience preferred.
- Ability to complete competency assessment.
- Must have ability to handle confidential information on a need-to-know basis as defined by CHC.
D. Initiative and judgment
- Requires the ability to work without direct supervision. The work is in a field where only general methods or policies are defined.
- Initiates and acknowledges the need to develop, revise, update and change all applicable policies and procedures to Dental Clinic Manager.
E. Working Conditions and Environment
- Required to communicate verbally with physicians, patients, families, caregivers and the Healthcare Team.
- Successful performance of the essential functions of the position requires the following physical abilities:
o Required to be able to write legibly and to read printed or handwritten materials.
o Ability to communicate and respond effectively.
o Required to stand for long periods of time.
o Required reaching with hands and arms.
o May need to appropriately respond to meet the urgent or emergent needs of the
o Occasionally may need to crouch, kneel, stoop or bend.
o Required to assist with lifting, transferring or repositioning patients, supplies or
o May need to lift or assist with lifting or moving>40 pounds.
o Requires visual acuity to perform required tasks.
o Requires manual dexterity to set up, test, attach and control the functions of various
items or medical equipment utilized for patient care and monitoring.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Desired Start Date