Member Benefits | Job Bank
Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
December 30, 2022
The Dental Hygienist will develop and implement individualized dental care plans for patients, perform patient education, discharge planning, and patient/family teaching under the supervision of a qualified dentist. Work in partnership and joint accountability with other team members to achieve Neighborcare's Mission, Guiding Principles, Service Commitments and Goals.
This role will work a minimum of one-shift per month. Role will ideally be available as
needed on Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays, may have Tuesday need. Clinic is closed on Mondays.
In this position you will:
- Assess dental conditions and needs of patient; use patient screening procedures to include medical history review, dental charting, and perio charting; takes patient vital signs as required. Delivers direct patient care to patients as assigned, using establish dental hygienist procedures; performs routine treatment procedures, such as cleaning, polishing, x-rays, application of sealants and fluorides, and related procedures
- Documents dental history or chief complaint; records and reports pertinent observations and patient reactions to dental staff, as appropriate; documents lab procedures and ensures follow up on results in electronic dental records and electronic dental records and electronic health records
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment of patients. May provide supervision of or training for students assigned to Neighborcare Health as part of their professional education
Key Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Enjoys working at the top of their scope and partnering with patients and other team members
- Values team work, problem solving, engagement and adaptability
- Embrace change and practices direct communication
- Ability to work with individuals of varying ethnicities, socio-economic levels, cultures, and sexual orientations
Completed an accredited dental hygiene program
- Active Dental Hygiene license with the Washington State Department of Health,
- Prior experience as a Dental Hygienist
Desired Start Date