Member Benefits | Job Bank
Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center
April 7, 2023
DENTAL HYGIENIST (REGISTERED)
Referral Bonus Eligible:Yes - $750
FTE:80 hours bi-weekly
Location:Sawyer Family Health Center
The Dental Hygienist performs assessments of oral health to recognize health and disease. Assists patients to maintain a healthy mouth in collaboration with the dental team and within scope of license and privileges granted and as directed by the dentist.
Benefits Package includes: UGLFHC employees have holidays and weekends off, as well as day shift scheduling only. Full benefits package, including: ZERO cost to employee for Health, RX, Dental & Vision (single coverage, BCBS Blue for full-time employees), Medical Opt Out $200/month payment, Paid Time Off, Group Life and AD&D (paid by employer), Voluntary Life and AD&D, Short- & Long-Term Disability (paid by employer), Flexible Spending Accounts for health & dependent care expenses, Retirement Plan with 3% employer contribution (after eligibility requirements met), Employee Assistance Program, AFLAC, Pet Insurance Plans (at discounted rates), bereavement and jury duty.
Education, Training, Licensing and Credentialing
- Graduate of a Dental Hygienist degree program
- Current unrestricted State of Michigan license as a Registered Dental Hygienist
- Current basic life support (BLS) certification, or willingness and ability to obtain
- Additional education or training in business, management, healthcare administration, or related field
- Education or training or language proficiency in another language besides English, a plus
Experience and Skills
- Experience using computers and possess effective typing skills
- Possess functional abilities using Microsoft Outlook or similar program used for office email communication
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Two or more years of work experience as a Registered Dental Hygienist
- Prior experience under PA161 providing outreach services and programs under general supervision
- Certification in delivery of local anesthetic
- Prior experience and strong comfort level using a dental electronic health or dental record
- Experience using eClinical Works (eCW) and Azara
- Understanding of, or experience working at, an FQHC or integrated clinic that provides medical, dental, behavioral health, or other healthcare services
- Functional abilities using Microsoft Office Suite
Desired Start Date