Member Benefits | Job Bank
Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
Whitney M. Young Health Center
June 12, 2023
Albany and Troy
Under the direction of the Dental Director or designated Dentist, is responsible for providing quality treatment and preventive oral health care to the patients of Whitney M. Young, Jr. Health Center, Inc (WYH). Services provided may include assessment of oral health conditions, dental charting, taking and developing dental radiographs, removing calculus and plaque, applying preventative material to teeth or other responsibilities as appropriate to the profession and as approved by New York State and outlined in the WYH Collaborating Agreement.
• Record and update medical history of patient.
• Examine patient, reports any abnormalities and/or medical concerns to doctor. before
proceeding with oral prophylaxis.
• Render oral prophylaxis and fluoride treatments.
• Removing calcareous deposits, accretions and stains, including scaling and planning of
exposed root surfaces indicated for a complete prophylaxis
• Provide patients with dental health education on an individual basis.
• Take necessary dental radiographs and properly expose, process and mount the film.
• Perform dental and/or periodontal assessments as an aid to diagnosis by the dentist and to assist
the dental hygienist in providing dental hygiene services.
• Polish teeth including existing restorations.
• Make assessments of the oral and maxillofacial area as an aid to diagnosis by the dentist.
• Take impressions for study cases.
• Record dental charting of existing dentition and all treatment, patient education and
progress notes in the Dental Record, authenticates all entries by placing time, date and
signature in the Dental Record. Navigate EMR as needed to fulfill job duties.
• Create dental claim on EMR.
• Knowledge of Medicaid guidelines and provide treatment accordingly.
• Disinfect and sterilize instruments used in the performance of duties and keeps treatment
area clean and orderly; following infection control and preventive maintenance procedures.
• Assists the Dental Administrative Assistant with the maintenance of the patient recall
• Screen urgent care and emergency walk-in patients, and take necessary radiographs.
• Maintain operatory Infection Control Logs.
• Maintain necessary supplies in the operatory.
• Participate in the Dental Department peer review process.
• Participate in the departmental and center wide performance improvement activities
• Attend and participates in Dental Department staff meetings.
• Demonstrates excellence in both internal and external customer service.
• Understands and is able to effectively communicate HIPAA compliance, corporate compliance
and client confidentiality.
• Ensures and/or remains in compliance with local, state, and federal regulation, i.e. DHHS HRSA
and NYSDOH, and all accreditation standards (e.g. Joint Commission and NCQA-PCMH).
• Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as defined by the Joint Commission and
Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Center.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited dental hygiene school and currently licensed and registered in New York
State. One (1) or more years’ work experience.
Desired Start Date
Salary range: $72,000 - $78,000 annually