Member Benefits | Job Bank
Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
Whitney M Young Jr Health Center
July 31, 2023
Albany and Troy
Assists Staff Dentists with the treatment of Whitney Young Health (WYH) Dental patients.
· Receives, seats and prepares patients for dental treatment.
· Reviews the dental record to ensure that the record is in order and the appropriate radiographs are available.
· Ensures that appropriate instruments and materials are ready for use by the dentist.
· Prepare dental restorative and impression materials and anesthetic syringes
· Take an accurate blood pressure reading
· Accurately record (dental charting) on the dental record existing conditions and treatment to be done as per dentist direction.
· Properly screen urgent care and emergency walk-in patients and take necessary dental radiographs
· Utilize acceptable technical skills in assisting the dentist during all phases of treatment.
· Consistently prepares patient for dismissal, confirms future appointments, and reinforces instructions given by the dentist concerning post-treatment care and the use of medications.
· Prepare the operatory between patients using proper disinfection and infection control procedures and in a timely manner.
· Create a dental claim on eCW as instructed by the provider
· Consistently keeps the lab, dark room and sterilization area clean and orderly, using infection control procedures
· Consistently maintains Infection Control logs
· Appropriately maintains necessary supplies in the treatment area
· Use various dental and office equipment and follow preventive maintenance procedures for such equipment.
· Properly expose dental radiographs, process and mount the film.
· Properly disinfect and prepare soiled instruments for sterilization.
· Perform weekly maintenance and spore testing on the autoclaves as assigned.
· Operate the autoclave and sterilize the instruments.
· File and retrieve dental records.
· Pour study models.
· Perform backup reception duties as needed
· Seeks direction and guidance from dentist in performing their duties regarding patient care.
· Demonstrates excellence in both internal and external customer service.
· Understands and is able to effectively communicate HIPAA compliance, corporate compliance and client confidentiality.
· Ensures and/or remains in compliance with local, state, and federal regulation, i.e. DHHS HRSA and NYSDOH, and all accreditation standards (e.g. Joint Commission and NCQA-PCMH).
· Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as defined by the Joint Commission and Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Center.
· Completes other duties as assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent. Promotional opportunities based on years of experience (i.e. Dental Assistant 0 = no experience; Dental Assistant 1 = 1 year of assisting experience; Dental Assistant 2 = 2+ years of assisting experience).
Certified by accredited Dental Assistant Program plus one year experience as Dental Assistant.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.
TO APPLY, CLICK "GO TO WEBSITE" TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR CAREER PAGE WHERE YOU CAN VIEW OUR OPENINGS AND SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
Desired Start Date
Salary range: $18.69 - $22.56 hourly