Member Benefits | Job Bank
Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
July 31, 2023
Summary of Position: A DA II must be able to perform all the minimum qualifications of the DA II job descriptions. The role of the DA II is a nonexempt position responsible for performing a variety of duties related to dental patient care directed by dental providers. They may be involved in both the clinical and administrative areas including assisting physicians with patient care and handling minimal clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks. Provides information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from the dental services.
Minimum Qualifications: Must be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time. Able to read and understand the English language. Able to effectively maintain confidentiality of records and communicate with all levels of personnel. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, management staff, and contacts outside the organization. Must be able to work with multiple changing priorities. Requires excellent organizational, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Must be able to interact with individuals of all cultures and levels of authority. Requires the ability to maintain confidentiality. Must be able to function as part of a team. Excellent attention to detail. Ability to maintain a neat and well-groomed appearance
Experience: Minimum one years’ experience.
Education: One academic year or longer in an ADA-accredited dental program
Licensure: Coronal polishing, radiographic certification, nitrous oxide sedation a plus
•Take/record vital signs and medical histories
• Prepare patients for examinations
•Room stocked and prepared for doctors arrival for treatment of patient
•Take and develop X-rays properly (radiographs)
•Mix, prepare, and/or provide all materials and instruments requested by the provider
•Provide proper instrument set-up prior to appointment
•Assist provider during examinations/procedures
•Update/maintain patient dental records accurately in the electronic dental record (EDR)
•Maintain sterilization and tray set up
•Compliance with all OSHA/HIPAA/PPE regulations
Kintegra Health Core Requirements
1. Patient First – An approach to care that holds primary, the well-being and desires of the patient
2. Build not Blame – Focusing first on finding fault with the process rather than the person
3. Integrity and Honesty – Fostering an acceptance of openness, honesty, and fairness in words, deeds and the use of organizational resources judiciously for both internal and external customers
4. Cooperation and Flexibility – Related to an internal believe that we function as part of an interdependent team with only shared gains or losses thereby committed to assisting whenever possible beyond the prerequisite job description
5. Culturally Sensitive – Always working toward increasing one’s ability to understand, communicate with, effectively interact and care for people across cultures, while having an acute awareness of one’s own culture.
Desired Start Date