Member Benefits | Job Bank
Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
August 25, 2023
The Organization: Founded in 1993, CommunityHealth is the largest free clinic in the country. Operating out of Chicago’s West Town neighborhood, CommunityHealth is a medical home for nearly 10,000 low-income, uninsured adults. Services include: primary care, 20+ on-site specialty/diagnostic services, medications (through an on-site licensed pharmacy), mental health/social services, health education, and more. CommunityHealth’s mission is made possible by our donors, dozens of community partners, and more than 1,000 volunteers.
Our Mission:Serving people without essential health care.
Our Vision: Quality healthcare for all.
The Opportunity: CommunityHealth seeks to hire a full-time Dentist and Oral Health Program Manager who will be responsible for providing quality oral health care overseeing the operations of the oral health program at CommunityHealth. Salary range is $121K-$148K based on experience. Our modern dental clinic opened in 2009 with all new equipment; we use Dentrix charting and Dentimax digital x-rays.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Examine, evaluate, and treat patients
· Provide periodontal treatment as needed (SRP and prophylaxis)
· Provide preventive, therapeutic, and educational methods for control of oral disease within the scope of services provided at CommunityHealth
· Provide coordinated, continuous, and culturally competent oral health care
· Manage dental emergencies
· Accurately and completely document patient care in electronic medical and dental record (Athena and Dentrix)
· Complete referrals, data collection, and other records as required
· Make recommendations for improved dental operations efficiencies and new and or revised dental protocols and oversee implementation
· Develop and manage oral health program budget
· Supervise staff dental coordinator and other volunteer dental clinicians
· Perform other related duties and/or projects as assigned.
· Current Illinois Dentist License
· Current Illinois Controlled Substance License and Federal DEA license
· Interest in and comfort working with diverse patient population
· Bilingual Spanish or Polish a plus
· Commitment to the CommunityHealth mission, model of service delivery and core values
Covid-19 infection control and protocol:
Up to date COVID vaccination, including all boosters, is a requirement for all staff members at CommunityHealth.
CommunityHealth has installed a new ventilation system with UV light technology and HEPA filtration which improves air quality, kills viruses, bacteria, and fungus. In addition to our new ventilation system the dental clinic has installed 2 standalone HEPA filtration systems, one in each dental operatory. Each operatory has been equipped with a Dryshield high velocity vacuum system to significantly reduce aerosols produced during treatment.
CommunityHealth offers a wide range of benefits to its employees. Visit communityhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/Total-Rewards-Package.pdf to learn more about our Total Rewards Package.
CommunityHealth is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse staff. Bilingual (especially Spanish or Polish speakers) and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Desired Start Date