Member Benefits | Job Bank
Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
Johnson Health Center
September 25, 2023
Residency Coordinator and Program Assistant is a full-time position reporting directly to the Director of Dentistry and Residency Director at Johnson Health Center (JHC). Position consisting of 80% residency event coordination and 20% administrative work. The coordinator will maintain collaborative and develop working relationships with the VCU institutional leadership, staff, and students, along with Johnson Health Center staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Event planning and day-to-day logistical work of the dental residency program and also working with VCU on external rotations in conjunction with Human Resources.
2. Ensure training meets the requirements set by national certifying agencies while ensuring the maximum educational experience for the residents.
3. Coordinate recruitment and credentialing of new residents annually.
4. Process resident’s paperwork through to completion of the program, while maintaining complete, confidential, and accurate records.
5. Manage and track residential expenders. Help with residents housing, etc.
6. Prepare and coordinate with our accreditation body any needed reports or materials.
7. Facilitate departmental educational activities outside of residency training program.
8. Manage projects as needed.
9. Serve as a liaison with VCU.
10. Ensure that residency policies and procedures are being followed and updated as needed and required.
11. Work closely with the Residency Director and PAS Dental Coordinator (scheduling) as well as other core members of the administrative team and dental team, such as compliance to ensure that we are meeting routine CODA requirements and applications, etc.
12. Other miscellaneous duties assigned by the director.
JHC Core Values:
Staff members must actively demonstrate dedication and commitment to the core values of JHC.
1. Respect – We value and respect each patient, their family, ourselves, and each other.
Every individual associated with Johnson Health Center will be treated with dignity and respect. We value and respect people’s differences, show empathy to our patients, their families and each other, and work collectively to build Johnson Health Center as a health center and an employer of choice.
2. Integrity – We are committed to doing the right thing every time.
Our actions reflect our commitment to honesty, openness, truthfulness, accuracy and ethical behavior. We are accountable for the decisions we make and the outcome of those decisions.
3. Excellence – We will pursue excellence each and every day in activities that foster, teamwork, quality improvement, patient care, innovation, and efficiencies.
At Johnson Health Center, our medical, dental, pharmacy, behavioral health, front desk and administrative teams are passionately committed to the highest quality of care for our patients. We continually seek out ways to enhance the patient experience and promote an environment of continuous quality improvement.
4. Innovation – We value creativity, flexibility, and continuous improvement efforts.
We are advocates and instruments of positive change, encouraging employees to engage in responsible risk-taking and working to make a difference. Out of the box thinking enables us to build on successes and learn from failures.
5. Teamwork – We understand that teamwork is the essence of our ability to succeed.
We work across functional boundaries, embracing diversity, for the good of the organization. Our collaborative approach ensures a culture of participation, learning and respect and serves to improve the quality of patient care. By focusing on a team-based approach, the expertise of each Johnson Health Center employee is leveraged to optimize the patient experience.
• Demonstrated administrative skills including computer competency and ability to learn software applications. Use of Microsoft Office and eCW a plus.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or previous residency coordinator experience.
• Minimum of three years work experience.
• Strong organizational skill.
• Proven communication skills both verbal and in writing.
• Ability to independently plan, organize and carry out work assignments
• Must be able to drive to various dental sites.
Physical Demand and Working Environment:
Face paced office setting with travel to other offices often. Ability to stand for long periods of time during residency hours lifting and/or exerting force up to 25 pounds occasionally, with frequently moving of objects. Work requires speaking, sitting, bending, walking, standing, hearing, and stooping, and repetitive motion with certain activities. 8 hours of constant computer usage. OSHA low risk position.
Desired Start Date
$37,356.80 to $56,056