Member Benefits | Job Bank
Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
Omni Family Health
October 20, 2023
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Chief Dental Officer, in accordance with established protocols, the Associate Dental Director, Dental Hygiene, will provide dental hygiene services for patients, work with the CDO to ensure achievement of provider productivity standards, oversee regulatory compliance, safety and standards of care, and shall monitor and maintain the administrative practices relevant to the clinic as assigned by CDO. This position also works closely with and provides clinical direction to the Dental Health Services Administrators and the Dental Officer Managers.
• Provide hands-on Hygiene patient care as scheduled in mobile clinic or outreach visits.
• Develop, maintain and implement formal clinic policies and procedures; guide providers
• and professional staff to deliver consistent standards of care according to policies and assure clinical practices are above reproach and of the highest quality.
• Provide feedback in the interview process and orient and train new professional staff.
• Evaluate the professional staff to ensure performance goals related to production, clinical quality and regulatory compliance are met.
• Participate in management meetings and annual planning processes to support OFH objectives and implementation of the strategic plan.
• Provide OFH with external oversight of clinic practices; conduct quality assurance reviews each quarter.
• Enhance working relationships with the local dental community and represent OFH at community meetings and events, as requested.
• Manage other duties as assigned.
• Assist in overseeing the sterilization, infection control practices, and OSHA compliance within the dental department.
• Make sure that QI reports are done on a monthly basis and all CCPs are resolved as established by QI protocol.
• Assess and create goal for improvement for the site operation, while working closely with the dental office managers.
• Serve as liaison for all community events within Omni service area.
• Assist in collaborating the annual dental inventory with the Fiscal Department.
• Aware of Safety and OSHA practices, participate in Infection control committee.
• Any other duty or responsibility the Chief Dental Officer may assign when the need arises,
• Promote and believe in community clinics health mission.
• Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religion and economic status.
• Assist the COO with various administrative duties as assigned.
• Attend internal and external meetings on behalf of the dental department as assigned by the Chief Dental Officer.
• Responsible for supervision and training of dental staff as needed and orientation for new hires.
• Work closely with the Quality control team, Review QI reports and perform Registration Audits and QI check, and forward QI results to the Chief Dental Officer.
• Work closely with Human Resources department and all other departments as deemed necessary per the Chief Dental Officer
• HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
• Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
• QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
• IT - Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
• All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Standing, walking, sitting, typing, reaching, bending, moving and/or lifting up to 50 pounds
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
• A current CA license as a Registered Dental Hygienist-Alternative Practice Certification. A Master' s degree in health or business related field can be accepted in lieu of Alternative Practice certification.
• A minimum of 5 years’ hands -on dental hygiene experience; up-to-date knowledge of regulations, methods, trends and equipment.
• A management style that supports a collaborative environment and continuous improvement culture; experience leading teams and coaching employees toward successful outcomes.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills; Excellent chair-side manners.
• Established comfort working with diverse cultures and backgrounds.
• Clarity and accuracy of writing and verbal presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
• Detail oriented. Effective organizational skills. Meets timetables. Successful working in a fast paced situation and is self-directed with minimal supervision;
• Ability to complete forms in an orderly and accurate fashion, computer literate, familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, etc.
• Able to use sound judgment. Possess a calm disposition and the ability to work easily with people. Ability to work with clinical staff and handle pressure from more than one provider.
• Ability to relate to the public in all areas (racial, ethnic, and economic).
• Willing to work evenings and/or weekends; willing to travel to various Dental sites or school sites to provide services or train and mentor staff as recommended by the Chief Dental Officer.
Full Time : Exempt Position
Desired Start Date
104,000 to 124,550