Member Benefits | Job Bank
Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
HealthFirst Family Care Center, Inc.
January 24, 2024
Exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced medical team within a growing federally qualified community health center. HealthFirst Family Care Center, Inc. “The Heart of Our Community” provides comprehensive services including adult/pediatric medical care, health education, health assessment and screenings, gynecology, cardiology, behavioral health, substance use treatment, and adult/pediatric dental care.
Under the direction of the Chief Dental Officer, the Dentist assists the operation of the Dental Center Program to function as a synergistic, harmonious and productive entity integrated and synchronized with other HealthFirst Health Services. Assist HealthFirst in fulfilling the goals and mission of the Dental Center Program and contributes to the overall mission, purpose and objective of HealthFirst. The Dentist is a clinician, who provides general dentistry services to assigned patients, including preventative and restorative services, examining and diagnosing patients and treating affected areas appropriately.
Mon/Tues/Wed/Fri: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Alternating Saturdays 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
1. Graduation from an accredited dental school holding either a DDS or DMD.
2. License to practice as a Dentist or Limited License Dentist from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
3. 1-2 years of experience as a Dentist/Limited License Dentist in the U.S.
4. Maintain current certification in CPR at the healthcare provider level.
5. Experience and ability to perform all phases of general dentistry and clinical management.
6. Must possess a current DEA certificate to write prescriptions for Class I and II medications.
7. Must possess a current Controlled Substance Certificate issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
8. Experience in handling dental emergencies.
9. Must have a strong interest in public/community health.
10. Must possess strong computer skills.
11. Bilingual is a plus, but not required.
12. Familiarity and ability to work with diversity of cultural/socio-economic population: including young children, patients with physical disabilities and medically compromised patients.
13. Must submit a CORI release form and demonstrate proof of being free from disqualifying information.
1. High level of customer service and a positive approach to work with patients. Projects positive attitude about the department and the health center, and offers services to ensure positive experience.
2. Ability to maintain an organized work area and work collaboratively as a member of a team.
3. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and time management skills to effectively communicate with patients.
4. Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
5. Works well under pressure to manage stressful situations.
6. Uses sound judgment and confidence.
7. Ability to multi- task.
8. Detail-oriented and accurate.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Benefits include: excellent compensation, 4 weeks of paid time off, 3 personal days, and 12.5 paid holidays; reimbursable licensing fees and continuing education credits; employer contributed health, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability and retirement contributions; voluntary flexible spending accounts and disability/critical illness coverage.
Learn more about us by checking out our website and company video.
HealthFirst Family Care Center, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
HealthFirst celebrates and supports diversity and varied perspectives. We strive to eliminate discrimination and to hire applicants of diverse backgrounds, cultures and thoughts. HealthFirst does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy/breastfeeding, transgender status, and sexual orientation), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class.
Desired Start Date