Member Benefits | Job Bank
Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
KC CARE Health Center
January 24, 2024
The Oral Health Director functions as clinical leader for the oral health program. provide clinical oversight and direction for all oral health care and services. Ensures that the mission and goals of the organization are realized through the professional and effective delivery of oral health services.
KC CARE CULTURE CODE
KC CARE follows a culture code in all we do. Our code determines how we work, treat each other, and move health equity forward. As an employee of KC CARE, you will:
· Put patients first, always
· Treat all people with dignity, respect, and kindness
· Create safe places for others to share their voice; encourage creativity
· Always strive for improvement; keep learning
· Own your work, action, and mistakes – no one is perfect
· Have fun – work should be fun and we want you to have fun at KC CARE
KC CARE CULTURE VALUES
Exceptional Service: We value exceptional service in providing unconditional whole-person care to everyone with the promise of a personalized and affirming experience for patients. We promise to treat internal and external partners with dignity, respect, and kindness to facilitate the opportunity for all to succeed.
Inclusion and Belonging: We value diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging by focusing on differences that promote creativity and acceptance across the organization. We promise to create a safe environment for individuality to flourish.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Leadership and Staff Supervision
· Serves as the Provider Team Leader for the team-based care model within the Oral Health team by ensuring communication, role clarification and utilization, and a strong team culture.
· Participates in short- and long-term program planning for the Oral Health department and the Health Center, including development of goals and objectives.
· Assists in the coordination and integration of the Health Center’s oral health programs and services with other programs and services to assure safe and effective patient care.
· Participates in recruitment and retention activities of the Oral Health department, as necessary.
· Provides direct supervision of all oral health staff including recruitment, orientation, workload assignments, individual and group supervision, evaluation, and periodic quality reviews of staff service delivery.
· Provides supervision and oversight to assigned volunteers and students to ensure adherence to high professional standards, provision of high quality of primary care services, and appropriate licensure.
· Provides counsel and advice to clinical personnel on matters related to clinical care, patient grievances, and related issues.
· Provides strategic development and guidance in the overall growth and development of the Oral Health department.
· Builds and fosters relationships with outside organizations and providers.
· Examines patients, diagnoses their dental/oral conditions, prescribes, and carries out, or directs others in carrying out, appropriate dental/oral treatment, or refers patients for specialty consultation or treatment in conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines.
· Educates individuals oral health related conditions and in the general promotion of oral health related disease prevention.
· Leads and direct the development, implementation, and monitoring of quality dental services, programs, and initiatives.
Department Budgeting, Compliance, and Quality Improvement
· Develops, monitors, and adjusts department budget and examines provider productivity metrics monthly, authorizes approval of expenditures, and ensures operation of programs within budget constraints.
· Ensures that patient records, charts, and related documentation is maintained to current and consistent best practices in oral health in addition to relevant laws and regulations.
· Leads quality improvement projects in response to underperforming quality metrics or inefficient processes.
· Ensures metrics for the clinical outcomes are consistently reviewed and provides clear guidance and direction affecting ongoing quality improvement initiatives.
· Monitors compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and clinic rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing the practice of dentistry and the clinical provision of dental care.
· Participates in organizational management activities through the implementation of agency policies and procedures as defined by state and federal laws as well as active participation on the Health Center’s All Leaders team, and by supporting staff adherence to agency policies and procedures.
· Monitors and ensures appropriate implementation and collaboration with the HRSA, Health Departments, and DHHS contracts and other foundation-funded projects.
· Provides leadership and direction related to clinical collaboratives, studies, programs, or research initiatives that improve the lives of patients and the community.
People Management - Identifies strengths and weaknesses, evaluates workloads, and splits tasks among team members accordingly; accurately identifies and responds to the expression of feelings to prevent conflict and develop relationships to provide the psychological safety needed to thrive in the workplace; clearly defines employee roles and responsibilities; establishes common ground while also nurturing individual talents, meaningfully connecting teammates in ways that encourage further interaction; sets standards for communication and models those behaviors; leads by example.
Operations Management - Directs and guides operations in alignment with the KC CARE’s overall mission, vision, and culture code; ensures the execution of efficient processes to maximize KC CARE’s resources.
Strategic Leadership - Balances the day-to-day with future plans; creates better processes and solutions and motivates others to do the same; creates teams that support strategic initiatives and propels them forward; effectively communicates strategies internally and externally; creates a culture to support strategies and provides mechanisms to implement them; fosters buy-in and enthusiasm with employees.
D.D.S. or D.M.D.
DEA and BNDD licenses
Licensed to practice in the State of Missouri
Five years clinical experience
Expertise in trends, issues, laws, and regulations associated with the delivery of oral health services
Experience managing or practicing in a dental or oral health program.
Capacity to envision and develop clinical programs consistent with clinic’s mission and a publicly operated care delivery system.
Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and risk management standards and processes.
Familiarity and experience with standards and processes established by JCAHO, CMS, OSHA, CDC, ADA and regulatory entities.
Knowledge of federal regulations governing dental care clinical staff.
· Experience with a FQHC oral health clinic
WORKING CONDITIONS AND DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General working conditions are in a healthcare facility. As such, there is a potential exposure to virus, disease, and infection from patients while performing the duties of this job. May experience traumatic situations including psychiatric traumatized and deceased patients. Travel may be expected to community meetings, client homes, or other agencies.
While performing duties of this job, employees are regularly required to set, walk, and stand; talk and hear; both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel, or operate standard office or clinical equipment; reach with hands and arms; and occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read, analyze, and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with others outside of their department.
Duties and responsibilities, as required by business necessity may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. Scheduling, shift assignments, and location may be changed at any time, as required by business necessity.
At KC CARE, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. KC CARE will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Desired Start Date