Making a gift to the National Network for Oral Health Access is one of the easiest ways to positively impact our work, enhance our services, and help our community strengthen and increase access to oral health services. NNOHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Join & Renew
NNOHA is the largest group of safety-net oral health practitioners in the country, and our members all share a commitment to increasing access to quality oral health care for underserved populations. NNOHA is committed to providing the highest quality resources and support designed to meet the unique needs of our members and their programs.
Monday, April 17, 2023
NNOHA WEBINAR SERIES: Dental Hygienists and Dental Assistants in Community Health Centers
NNOHA is pleased to announce its first free webinar series for community health center (CHC) dental hygienists and dental assistants! This virtual series will include educational seminars specific to dental hygienists and dental assistants who work in CHCs. There will be three webinars. Each webinar is 90 minutes (1.5 CDE each).
Register for the individual webinars below:
Webinar 1: May 10 at 12pm PT/1pm MT/2pm CT/3pm ET
Infection Prevention and Control for RDHs and DAs
This webinar will first feature an infection prevention and control (IPC) update specifically tailored to dental hygienists and dental assistants. Then, the webinar will discuss unique leadership opportunities in IPC for dental hygienists and dental assistants.
1. Review the current infection prevention and control guidelines and recommendations.
2. Discuss updates on infection prevention and control guidance due to COVID-19.
3. Describe how dental hygienists and dental assistants can engage in infection prevention and
control leadership roles at their health center
Click here to register for Webinar 1
Webinar 2: May 17 at 12pm PT/1pm MT/2pm CT/3pm ET
Ergonomics and Wellness for RDHs and DAs
This webinar will focus on physical and mental wellness. This webinar will start with an ergonomic specialist to share how dental hygienists and dental assistants can prioritize proper ergonomics while working with patients. Then, the webinar will shift to burnout and mental wellness. We will hear different strategies to manage stress and burnout.
1. Describe strategies to improve ergonomics for dental hygienists and dental assistants.
2. Describe stress management strategies and how to help prevent burnout.
3. Learn techniques to improve physical and mental wellness.
Click here to regsiter for Webinar 2
Webinar 3: May 24 at 12pm PT/1pm MT/2pm CT/3pm ET
Roles for RDHs and DAs in Oral Health Integration
There are many different roles in integration initiatives for dental hygienists and dental assistants, including administrative, care coordination, and clinical. This final webinar of the series will describe the different integration roles for dental hygienists and dental assistants. Then, two dental hygienists and two dental assistants will share their experience in expanding access to care through integration initiatives in health centers.
1. Describe different models for medical and dental integration.
2. Learn how dental hygienists and dental assistants can be utilized to expand access to oral health
3. Discuss how four different health centers have used dental hygienists and dental assistants for
medical and dental integration.